Sunday, May 6, 2007

Law School Prom

Prom finally happened. That lowers the number of things to be stressed about. But it really shouldn't have been something to stress about. Selling it as prom is a hard call. Prom implies dates, stress, and high school. Not many people brought dates. Not many of us were great at high school. I was incredible, of course. Not selling it as a prom would just be a formal, and those are not as cool as prom.

Food was OK (they were really betting on the "presentation is half the battle" theory of cooking), open bar was nice, so on and so forth. Everyone drank too much and thus wasted the entire weekend, a few weeks before exams start. At least everyone is in the same position, I'm sure there's some term like "reciprocity" that I ought to know that would describe this well. I guess I like the curve sometimes. Ask me again in a few weeks.

However, we can't forget that the practice moot court rounds start this week. Great.

No comments: