Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Life, Sleep, and Everything

The Bigelow Brief assignment is still throwing off my sleep schedule. Good luck waking me up before noon.

The quarter system is a strange beast. I cannot tell whether I should love it or hate it. Since Christmas, I've taken two big exams spanning a total of four quarters, had two writing large writing assignments, and am looking forward (?) to six quarters worth of exams in about four weeks. Also, oral arguments about the brief. Half of my grades for the year are still in the air.

Friends at other law schools also have half of their grades in the air, but they've only had one round of exams. Exams are a strange experience, where students who don't spend much time studying suddenly do. Most students tend to start studying at the same time - it almost feels like Watership Down. Exam rounds are intense and awful and I'd rather have 2 big ones than two not-as-big ones and one big one. Everything is on a curve, so easing people into things tends to even people out as far as math majors vs. philosophy majors go.

I'm currently ambivalent.

No comments: